"She should be glad that the WWII generation isn't here and in their prime. They knew totalitarianism when they saw it." There were a few who did, but most considered it someone else's problem until after Pearl Harbor. Europe had been at war for 2+ years by then.

Why I Oppose Liberalism

gil422 Wrote: Oct 14, 2014 10:54 AM
I'm not sure I see how the analogy works. The only problem I see with the column is it needs to be a book instead.

Why I Oppose Liberalism

gil422 Wrote: Oct 14, 2014 10:50 AM
Yep, I hear them all the time. They might word some of them a little differently - if you oppose affirmative action or illegal immigration, you're racist - but the others I have heard verbatim.

School Bans Christian Club... Again

gil422 Wrote: Oct 06, 2014 4:03 PM
My guess is those who are in a position to do something about it agree with them, but even if they don't, I can't see firing with loss of pension happening for anything less than murder (and even that might not necessarily do it.)

School Bans Christian Club... Again

gil422 Wrote: Oct 06, 2014 3:59 PM
If they are going to allow clubs, they can't exclude a club just because it is religious.
Bad analogy. I should be able to mail a canon for the price of mailing a canon, regardless of the vendor. I shouldn't have to subsidize your desire to mail a canon from vendor A while my canon from vendor B is full price and routed by way of China to accommodate you.

Prayers and Preparation

gil422 Wrote: Sep 19, 2014 12:43 PM
I confess - I couldn't handle another cliffhanger, so I broke down and watched the speech. (Link just before the start of the column.) I'm glad I did. It's very powerful.
The words are inspired, not the people. A better translation of "given by inspiration of God" is "God-breathed." (I don't usually prefer the NIV, but it is very helpful on 2 Timothy 3:16)
“You shall not commit adultery" Biblically, adultery is sex outside of marriage. (Marriage is also defined - "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.")
Because his boss is evil too.

Obama AWOL Again - On Energy Terrorism

gil422 Wrote: Sep 03, 2014 1:17 PM
He's not AWOL on it, he's for it.