How many girls living in the crappy dorms will think "I hate my dorm. I hate my roommate. All I have to do to move into the nice, new dorms with my own room is..." Come on, do you really think that will happen? I was in the military for 24 years. I've seen plenty of "lets get married so we can move out of the dorms" and "Oops, I'm pregnant. I guess I can't go on that deployment." Will people make major life decisions if offered relatively minor incentives? Absolutely.

History's Greatest Event

gil422 Wrote: Apr 14, 2014 12:48 AM
"Christians are prone to look at the number of people executed in the last 2000 years for accepting Christ and think no one would die for a lie." The real argument is that the apostles were in position to know whether of not they were telling the truth, yet they went to their executions rather than recant (except for Jon, who was banished but no executed.) Rational people do not die for that which they know to be a lie, and there is nothing to indicate they were irrational. It is reasonable to conclude they were reliable witnesses.

Millionaires Need Your Help!

gil422 Wrote: Apr 03, 2014 12:31 PM
That's "ballots" in English.
"We don't call eggs baby chicks" I would call the contents of the egg a chick, assuming fertilization has taken place and a chick is growing. -------------- "not every fertilized egg is implanted", etc. People die every day at various stages of life. Does that mean it's OK to kill them, since they were going to die anyway?

Résumé

gil422 Wrote: Jan 28, 2014 4:34 PM
Would you settle for a complete transcript of all of his work that was published while he was editor of hte Harvard Law Review? : You're welcome.

The Gifts of Jahi

gil422 Wrote: Jan 02, 2014 10:25 AM
She's not claiming to be God. She's just auditioning to become a member of one of the death panels.

Tea Party at the Crossroads: Part II

gil422 Wrote: Nov 13, 2013 11:28 AM
"instead of focusing on primaries to defeat Republicans we Conservatives should be focusing on defeating Democrats, so we can regain majority status " So we can then be sold out by traitor like McCain and Grahamnesty. Sorry, we played that game before. It didn't work. We need a majority that is actually a majority.
1. No, but there are plenty of things he has done out of pettiness that are. 2. Sorry, no recall for federal offices. 3. Amen 4. I'm going to grab my favorite coffee substitute, Diet Coke. (If only coffee didn't taste like coffee...)

A Battle Worth Fighting

gil422 Wrote: Oct 07, 2013 10:43 AM
"That is a worthy battle – a winnable battle. ObamaCare is not." So you won't take on ObamaCare in it's early stages when it's advocates see an impending train wreck, but you want to take on Medicare and Social Security? That's amazingly idiotic.

Defund Obamacare Before It's Too Late

gil422 Wrote: Sep 17, 2013 12:46 PM
Repealing it is a better solution. Tort reform is a better solution. Taking steps to make existing health insurance more portable is a better solution. There are plenty of better solutions, but the leftists in both parties (all of the Ds and too many of the Rs) are interested in control, not solutions.

The Hill of Hypocrisy

gil422 Wrote: Sep 11, 2013 4:24 PM
Also, "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education," widely attributed to him, although there is at least some doubt that he was the source.