America: The Ostrich Years

Gid4 Wrote: Aug 24, 2014 7:29 PM
Well yes, but these jihadists have a dream - a ISIS flag over the White House. That is the problem.

No Facts, No Peace

Gid4 Wrote: Aug 22, 2014 8:03 AM
There was also the mentality of "lets burn down the local doughnut shop and throw bags of urine at police because they hate us and shoot innocent black people for fun." And the media, by not tellng the real story, is complicit. In addition, there is a book (by Colin Flaherty), full of videos that you can scan in to your cellphone. of black mobs attacking innocent whites, ALL OVER THE COUNTRY - from Portland Oregon, to Peoria Illinois, to Philadelphia, PA and this is not reported, so how do you expect the many good blacks to realize that there is a problem? And how do you expect the victims, and their families to ever trust the media again?

Is ISIS 'An Existential Threat'?

Gid4 Wrote: Aug 12, 2014 8:03 AM
There were Sunnis who did not like the rule of terrorists and who fought Al Queda in the "awakening", and now they are in the hands of ISIS, and some are being murdered. Those Sunnis may not have liked us, but they trusted us. 8 Christians were crucified in one day recently - by ISIS. ISIS is just doing what they think the Koran tells them (it does recommend crucifixion in some cases, for instance). They are also demanding women from the locals for producing baby Jihadists. Even now that we are giving some arms to the Kurds, we are doing it half-heartedly - just giving them light arms. The Kurds were also friendlier than most of their fellow Muslims to the US. The Kurds are complaining that ISIS has much more firepower than the "light arms" we have finally decided to give them. But there is are good points that Buchanan makes - why on earth doesn't Turkey or Saudi Arabia intervene? What's going on there?

When Government Tries to Be Nice

Gid4 Wrote: Jul 09, 2014 8:34 AM
Looking at my own comment - it seems to contradict itself. while many businesses benefit by illegal labor, my meaning is that there is no proof that either Republicans or Democrats vote on that basis. They may be competing for votes, or may believe it is inhumane to have "people living in the shadows with feat of deportation". I don't know.

When Government Tries to Be Nice

Gid4 Wrote: Jul 09, 2014 8:31 AM
I see the argument often that the chamber-of-commerce (ie businesses) want cheap labor, and that is why they want amnesty. But I have seen no proof offered that this is their motivation. Likewise, I doubt John Boehner is paying off supporters who want cheap labor. I am against illegal immigration, and I think our current legal immigration policy should be changed, but if you want to persuade people, you have to understand them first. My parents had friends who owned a peach orchard in Maryland, and they used migrant workers (I think illegal) to pick their fruit. They had tried Americans first, but the Americans would find the work was hard, and would drift away after a day or two. Perhaps if we did not have a welfare system, this would not happen. But given that we do, and given that illegal immigrants are easy to hire and fire (no regulations, no lawsuits, no benefits), people - including Mom-and-Pop businesses, are going to hire them.

The Paranoids are Back

Gid4 Wrote: Jun 28, 2014 4:54 PM
There are several YouTube videos on Common Core, including by teachers who complain about it. I doubt that Paul Greenberg spent more than ten minutes studying the materials.

This is How You Lose a War

Gid4 Wrote: Jun 13, 2014 6:42 AM
Vietnam fell to the Communists after our withdrawal because our congress refused to give them the arms and aid we had promised. And that was despite the South Vietnamese putting up a brave fight at the end. (Its true they might have lost anyway, but we made it a certainty) There seems to be a pattern here, we fight for a while, we lose a lot of people, we leave in anger and disillusionment, and then we won't do what is required to make the sacrifice of our soldiers mean something. A month ago, Obama was asked by Iraq to bomb the staging areas of ISIS, but he refused to do it. So we lose again. Kissinger said that " To be an enemy of America can be dangerous, but to be a friend is fatal." Mark Steyn calls us the "ADHD nation." We just don't have staying power - we eventually vote in left-wingers or isolationists who lost the fragile peace.
In the Soviet Union, some political opponents of the regime were put in mental hospitals, where they were injected with drugs etc. After all, if you disagree with the obvious truths of Communism, you must be crazy. I was put in a mental hospital for two months and given all sorts of treatments, because I believed there was a compromising movie of me loose in the colleges of the US, and other countries. After I got out, I still believed this crazy delusion. Then I got even crazier - I believed that I was drugged with 'aphrodisiacs' and other drugs. I still believe that too. But again, I don't want to shoot anyone. (A nuclear bomb, on the other hand....(just a joke). Seriously, I want the truth to reach the public (and myself). If I'm mentally ill, I want to know it, if I'm not - wow - this should make the mental health establishment due some serious thinking.

Don't Stigmatize Murderers!

Gid4 Wrote: May 30, 2014 11:25 AM
Actually not all the therapists got it wrong, the last one (who prescribed risperidone) did it get it right, but he didn't realize that his patient would go out and murder. The police got it wrong - I don't blame them for being fooled by Eliott when they interviewed him, but then they were sent videos, and did not bother to watch them.

Don't Stigmatize Murderers!

Gid4 Wrote: May 30, 2014 11:02 AM
Its not that I don't think he should have been locked up. But notice: he was treated by "therapists", and they got it wrong. I am in agreement with you basically, but I was just making the point that if you treat someone with "medications" that alter the balance of neurotransmitters in the brain, and may affect DNA expression as well, but you don't know how exactly, and the person has a autistic disorder, then its sort of like trying to repair a broken washing machine with a hammer.