So, remember last summer when the Obama administration unveiled its new plans to completely change requirements to receive welfare, yeah well Republicans are finally taking up efforts again to put a stop to it. This policy “allows states to apply for waivers under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, or welfare reform, in order to test new ways to increase employment among welfare recipients.” In essence, that means that a state could make its way around the Welfare to Work policy. Welfare to work requires welfare recipients prove that they are making an effort to find work in order...
In response to:
Uh-huh, Back that little gem up with some facts, sister.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 9 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago