So, remember last summer when the Obama administration unveiled its new plans to completely change requirements to receive welfare, yeah well Republicans are finally taking up efforts again to put a stop to it. This policy “allows states to apply for waivers under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, or welfare reform, in order to test new ways to increase employment among welfare recipients.” In essence, that means that a state could make its way around the Welfare to Work policy. Welfare to work requires welfare recipients prove that they are making an effort to find work in order...
In response to:
Uh-huh, Back that little gem up with some facts, sister.
- WaPo: Was Foley’s killer a former Gitmo detainee? Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- Everything has changed after the execution of James Foley by ISIS Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 12 hours ago