So, remember last summer when the Obama administration unveiled its new plans to completely change requirements to receive welfare, yeah well Republicans are finally taking up efforts again to put a stop to it. This policy “allows states to apply for waivers under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, or welfare reform, in order to test new ways to increase employment among welfare recipients.” In essence, that means that a state could make its way around the Welfare to Work policy. Welfare to work requires welfare recipients prove that they are making an effort to find work in order...
In response to:
Uh-huh, Back that little gem up with some facts, sister.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Good: Comedienne refuses to apologize for telling jokes Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Shocking report: Obama didn’t even finish Jiro’s sushi Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Who’s up for a Throwback Thursday with Kim Jong Un? Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Georgia governor signs liberalizing concealed carry law Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet Allahpundit 9 hours ago