So, remember last summer when the Obama administration unveiled its new plans to completely change requirements to receive welfare, yeah well Republicans are finally taking up efforts again to put a stop to it. This policy “allows states to apply for waivers under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, or welfare reform, in order to test new ways to increase employment among welfare recipients.” In essence, that means that a state could make its way around the Welfare to Work policy. Welfare to work requires welfare recipients prove that they are making an effort to find work in order...
In response to:
Some Lethally Stupid Person Wrote: "Is Russia socialist? I know Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany and Israel are socialist but Russia seems to be more of an autocratic democracy hybrid." If you need to ask that question seriously, then you truly are lethally stupid. You DO realize that, right? And Lois, why don't you ask all the journalists, punk rockers & businessmen whom benign ole Vlad had thrown in the clink. Yeah, nevermind the fact that Vlad is an ex KGB officer. I'm sure he's a DIE HARD capitalist & conservative. Kinda like Hitler was, right? Good G*d almighty, if either of the 2 of y'all had a thought, I'm sure it would die of loneliness.
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 24 minutes ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 3 hours ago
- Super-sized: Man loses 56 lbs eating nothing but McDonald’s Allahpundit 4 hours ago