So, remember last summer when the Obama administration unveiled its new plans to completely change requirements to receive welfare, yeah well Republicans are finally taking up efforts again to put a stop to it. This policy “allows states to apply for waivers under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, or welfare reform, in order to test new ways to increase employment among welfare recipients.” In essence, that means that a state could make its way around the Welfare to Work policy. Welfare to work requires welfare recipients prove that they are making an effort to find work in order...
In response to:
Some Lethally Stupid Person Wrote: "Is Russia socialist? I know Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany and Israel are socialist but Russia seems to be more of an autocratic democracy hybrid." If you need to ask that question seriously, then you truly are lethally stupid. You DO realize that, right? And Lois, why don't you ask all the journalists, punk rockers & businessmen whom benign ole Vlad had thrown in the clink. Yeah, nevermind the fact that Vlad is an ex KGB officer. I'm sure he's a DIE HARD capitalist & conservative. Kinda like Hitler was, right? Good G*d almighty, if either of the 2 of y'all had a thought, I'm sure it would die of loneliness.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 41 minutes ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 4 hours ago