What President Obama has been pushing for, and moving toward, is more insidious: government control of the economy, while leaving ownership in private hands. That way, politicians get to call the shots but, when their bright ideas lead to disaster, they...
I find the Conservative movement's branding of Obama as either Socialist or Fascist to be not only disheartening but patently false. A good study of Conservatism, for example, reveals that, even in Edmund Burke's time, when Burke was flailing all over the place in a fluster over the French Revolution, that it's main concern is, and always has been, the privatization of power to an elite few. Hitler's "elite few" was his so-called Master Race. Mussolini's was an essentially Conservative radicalization of politics that sought to bring back the glory of the Roman empire. Today our "master race" is "the investor class".
It bothers me a little when conservatives call Barack Obama a "socialist." He certainly is an enemy of the free market, and wants politicians and bureaucrats to make the fundamental decisions about the economy. But that does not mean that he wants government ownership of the means of production, which has long been a standard definition of socialism.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Feds put kibosh on self-driving cars, plane sharing Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- It’s come to this: The War on Bacon is real Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- America in crisis: Should airline passengers be allowed to use “Knee Defender” to stop seats from reclining? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Mitt Romney: Sure, there’s a chance I’ll run again Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Rubio sends letter to Obama: This executive amnesty will destroy immigration reform for the foreseeable future Allahpundit 9 hours ago