That's the script. When heinous monsters kill people with guns, we tend to talk about the problem of guns. Or rather, people in Washington, New York and other big cities tend to talk about the problem of guns, because they think guns are the problem. There's an irony there, of course, given that such cities tend to have the worst gun-related murder rates -- Chicago these days has the equivalent of an...
Matthew 5:39 is NOT a contradiction with Gensis 9:5 and Romans 13:1-5 and other scriptures (e.g. Leviticus, Deuteronomy) that address the death penalty. In Matthew 5, Jesus teaches how Christians should behave in 1:1 relationships with others. However, the sword of execution is ordained by God & given to the governing body. The 1:1 turn the other cheek does not apply. It is for swift justice for the murderer as well as protection for the citizens. Ultimately, it is an earthly example of divine wrath that will be executed on all men who dishonor/reject Jesus Christ and His commands. The Bible is the foundation of the American justice system.
In the aftermath of the Aurora, Colo., slaughter, the question went forth on all of the political chatter shows: "Will this reopen the debate over gun control?"
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Audio: And now a word from Mike Ditka about this Redskins “horsesh*t” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Elizabeth Warren on Hillary Clinton’s qualifications for 2016: No comment. Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Fox News source: Wilson was “beaten very severely” before shooting Michael Brown Allahpundit 3 hours ago