Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
Marijuana Possession & Personal Use Penalties & Punishments in the State of Louisiana: Cultivation, Distribution or Possession with Intent to Distribute Marijuana: (Possession with Intent to Distribute means possession of more than 28 grams, ie. abt. 1 oz.) • Less than 60 pounds of marijuana: is punishable by 5 – 30 years in prison and a fine of up to $50,000. • More than 60 pounds of marijuana: is punishable by 10-60 years in prison and a fine of up to $50,000 – $100,000. • More than 2,000 pounds the punishment ranges from 10 – 40 years in prison and a fine of $100,000 – $400,000. • More than 10,000 pounds the penalty increases to 25 – 40 years in prison and a fine of $400,000 – $1,000,000.
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 28 mins ago
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 15 hours ago