Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
“No one in jail for marijuana is actually serving time for using the drug;” WRONG! Marijuana Possession & Personal Use Penalties & Punishments in the State of Louisiana: Possession: • First Offense Possession of any amount of marijuana is punishable by up to six months in jail and a fine of up to $500 for a first offense. • A Second Offense the penalties increase to up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $2,000. • A Third or Subsequent Offense increases the penalty to up to 20 years in prison.
- God bless America: Powdered alcohol to hit markets soon Allahpundit 22 minutes ago
- Surprise: UAW folds in VW dispute Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Drone attacks kill dozens of AQ operatives in Yemen following confab Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NBC wonders: What makes David Gregory tick? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Ukraine Easter truce collapses, three dead at pro-Russian separatist checkpoint Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Attkisson: CBS News too “ideologically entrenched” to air stories critical of the Obama administration Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago