Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
"What should 'frighten' even proponents is that " - "frighten'" is a hot link to a Scientology web site. "addictive" - "... 9 percent of people who use marijuana will become dependent on it." -- "Legalization of marijuana would solve the marijuana problem the way legalizing speeding would solve the speeding problem: it would remove the legal inhibition of a dangerous behavior, and thereby encourage the behavior." Logic fault --Speeding is going above the legal speed limit. If speeding were legal, it would not be speeding and could not be done. Where there are no stated (law) or posted speed limit, there is no speeding. Fast driving is not dangerous if there are no reasons to drive slowly. -Drivers who drive too slowly cause many crashes.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- At Ohio State, you may be guilty of sexual assault if… Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Actress Daniele Watts handcuffed for failing to show ID to police Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen to six years in a labor camp Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- Poll: Americans have little confidence in Obama’s ISIS ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- NFL Week 2 open thread Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago