In response to:
From the data I have seen, Switzerland has fewer homicides with guns than the UK even though they have much more permissive laws on gun ownership. They also have a lower homicide rate. Does that mean we should become more like Switzerland and issue weapons?
“In the UK, there are 2,034 violent crimes per 100,000 people...the U.S. has a violent crime rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents."
- Grand Jury in Michael Brown shooting under scrutiny following tweets Jazz Shaw 32 mins ago
- Intel and military sources: We could have hit “Khorasan” in June Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Sources: DOJ won’t file civil-rights charges against George Zimmerman for shooting Trayvon Martin Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Panetta memoir blames Obama for collapse in Iraq Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- 80 people being monitored in Dallas area for Ebola; Update: 100? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- White House: No plans to block flights from ebola countries Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago