In response to:
The links you cite don't support the argument that Germany had NO gun control. Taking everything in the wikipedia article at face value, tt says that the the 1928 law relaxed restrictions, but it required various separate permits. Let's see. You have a corrupt dictatorship and are required to obtain various permits to possess a gun. I can only imagine who the government allows to possess firearms: those that openly support the government. It is also interesting that it was explicitly forbidden for Jews to possess firearms. I wouldn't call that NO gun control without even going to the actual details of the German laws.
“In the UK, there are 2,034 violent crimes per 100,000 people...the U.S. has a violent crime rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents."
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago