Former General Colin Powell is a good American and an honorable soldier, but his habitual sucking up to the political Left has become as predictable as it is irksome. To play armchair psychologist for a moment, I suspect Powell sensed he'd been stripped of his untouchable bipartisan status when he made the Bush administration's case for the Iraq war at the UN Security Council; he's been obsequiously seeking penance ever since. Liberals' hatred of that war was largely an outgrowth of their enduring contempt for the Commander-in-Chief leading that effort (many on the Left are suddenly cool with American...
In response to:
The outrage is over the sheer incompetence of this administration. The 4 Americans did not have to die. They requested more support and were denied. They requested help during the attack and were denied. Then rather than saying what happened the administration tried to mislead people about some obscure video and made up protest gone awry. That is what is outrageous. We would be just as outraged if such incompetence and poor decisions got our soldiers killed.
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Flashpoint Hong Kong: China rules out democracy for the former British territory Noah Rothman 18 hours ago
- Your tax dollars at work: PBS to air pro-abortion “After Tiller” movie tomorrow Dustin Siggins 20 hours ago