Former General Colin Powell is a good American and an honorable soldier, but his habitual sucking up to the political Left has become as predictable as it is irksome. To play armchair psychologist for a moment, I suspect Powell sensed he'd been stripped of his untouchable bipartisan status when he made the Bush administration's case for the Iraq war at the UN Security Council; he's been obsequiously seeking penance ever since. Liberals' hatred of that war was largely an outgrowth of their enduring contempt for the Commander-in-Chief leading that effort (many on the Left are suddenly cool with American...
In response to:
The outrage is over the sheer incompetence of this administration. The 4 Americans did not have to die. They requested more support and were denied. They requested help during the attack and were denied. Then rather than saying what happened the administration tried to mislead people about some obscure video and made up protest gone awry. That is what is outrageous. We would be just as outraged if such incompetence and poor decisions got our soldiers killed.
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago