Former General Colin Powell is a good American and an honorable soldier, but his habitual sucking up to the political Left has become as predictable as it is irksome. To play armchair psychologist for a moment, I suspect Powell sensed he'd been stripped of his untouchable bipartisan status when he made the Bush administration's case for the Iraq war at the UN Security Council; he's been obsequiously seeking penance ever since. Liberals' hatred of that war was largely an outgrowth of their enduring contempt for the Commander-in-Chief leading that effort (many on the Left are suddenly cool with American...
In response to:
The outrage is over the sheer incompetence of this administration. The 4 Americans did not have to die. They requested more support and were denied. They requested help during the attack and were denied. Then rather than saying what happened the administration tried to mislead people about some obscure video and made up protest gone awry. That is what is outrageous. We would be just as outraged if such incompetence and poor decisions got our soldiers killed.
- WSJ: Obama will require military to get his personal approval for U.S. strikes in Syria Allahpundit 50 mins ago
- Video: Scotland goes to the polls on independence Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Chaffetz to DHS Secretary: Did you hear the one about the four suspected terrorists who tried to walk across the border? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- The left’s war on football Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Does the Left really reject Hillary? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Australian raids net more than a dozen terror suspects before planned wave of attacks Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago