Former General Colin Powell is a good American and an honorable soldier, but his habitual sucking up to the political Left has become as predictable as it is irksome. To play armchair psychologist for a moment, I suspect Powell sensed he'd been stripped of his untouchable bipartisan status when he made the Bush administration's case for the Iraq war at the UN Security Council; he's been obsequiously seeking penance ever since. Liberals' hatred of that war was largely an outgrowth of their enduring contempt for the Commander-in-Chief leading that effort (many on the Left are suddenly cool with American...
In response to:
The outrage is over the sheer incompetence of this administration. The 4 Americans did not have to die. They requested more support and were denied. They requested help during the attack and were denied. Then rather than saying what happened the administration tried to mislead people about some obscure video and made up protest gone awry. That is what is outrageous. We would be just as outraged if such incompetence and poor decisions got our soldiers killed.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago