Former General Colin Powell is a good American and an honorable soldier, but his habitual sucking up to the political Left has become as predictable as it is irksome. To play armchair psychologist for a moment, I suspect Powell sensed he'd been stripped of his untouchable bipartisan status when he made the Bush administration's case for the Iraq war at the UN Security Council; he's been obsequiously seeking penance ever since. Liberals' hatred of that war was largely an outgrowth of their enduring contempt for the Commander-in-Chief leading that effort (many on the Left are suddenly cool with American...
In response to:
The outrage is over the sheer incompetence of this administration. The 4 Americans did not have to die. They requested more support and were denied. They requested help during the attack and were denied. Then rather than saying what happened the administration tried to mislead people about some obscure video and made up protest gone awry. That is what is outrageous. We would be just as outraged if such incompetence and poor decisions got our soldiers killed.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago