And when President Barack Obama saw Americans struggling with higher gasoline and home energy prices, did he encourage more domestic oil exploration, off-shore drilling, or coal production, while lowering taxes on energy? Of course not. After all, with political observers expecting a close presidential race this year, Obama needs the financial and institutional support far-left environmental groups. The result has been the President anointing certain energy sources - such as wind and natural gas - as...
Blackwell fails to appreciate National Security issue. The Natural Gas Act does have subsidies for big trucks switching to Natural Gas and for stations to provide the Fuel across the nation. The reason most conservatives have been endorsing this "social engineering --picking" is because it will start the Natural Gas in transportation rolling and this will greatly reduce our nation's expenditures on OPEC oil. Big businesses knows that Obama is blocking NG and they feared making investments in the field because Obama couldn't be trusted. For example, Obama and communist friends have been filling the media with the antifracking crap. Ok to reduce the subsidy , but critical to ASAP get NG moving into big trucks.
When politicians want to look busy while avoiding tough decisions during an election year, what do they do? They form commissions and councils.
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 18 minutes ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- McCain on Ted Cruz: Have these self-proclaimed Reagan Republicans forgotten that Reagan gave amnesty to three million illegals? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Yikes: ObamaCare signups slowed down in February Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Newest target of Latino media on immigration reform: Barack Obama? Allahpundit 3 hours ago