One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
Excuse you ? Prove your facts... Let's see them now. How is Romney going to reduce revenue by 4.8 T ?
- Contemptible corporate cowardice Noah Rothman 35 minutes ago
- Gallup’s clickbait: Obama’s still pretty popular among … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Why aren’t Boehner and the House suing Obama over immigration? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Liberal columnist calls out the ‘secret war on black Republicans’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Immigration advocates mad that feds might let young illegals choose deportation voluntarily Allahpundit 3 hours ago