The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
Re: "Will Republicans Support Yet Another Bush for President?" Not on your life, buddy.... not only no, but he-ll no!
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- Issa releases scathing report on Lerner Ed Morrissey 34 minutes ago
- Obama: Health insurance isn’t expensive – just cancel cable and phones Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Washington, Europe getting serious about Russia sanctions over Crimea? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Scarborough: FL-13 upset shows 2014 will be “historic” Dem loss Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NBC/WSJ poll shows Obama approval at new low of 41% Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago