Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
Re: "That would certainly fail but it is the only politcially honest way to do what they want." So, who says the gun-grabbers are interested in doing things the honest way?
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago