It's Wednesday and at 11:45 this morning, President Obama will unveil new plans for gun control through executive order while surrounded by children. He's expected to call on Congress to ban semi-automatic "assault" rifles and high capacity magazines holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition. He'll also ask for universal background checks. Up to this point, Obama has been vague about what exactly his executive orders will include, but we'll find out today.
According to a lobbyist briefed Tuesday, Obama will present a three-part plan focused on gun violence, education and mental health. He'll call for:
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 18 hours ago