Several smart columnists and respected conservative editorial pieces tell us that a major silver lining in the crisis deal just concluded is that by agreeing not to reinstitute the Clinton tax rates (and leave the Bush rates in place) for all but the "wealthy" (income of $400,000 for single filers and $450,000 for marrieds), Obama and the Democrats made a major concession. They argue that if Democrats couldn't do better after...
You ask, "But how can we possibly win arguments when we don't even articulate them?" But I would ask, how can Republican politicians articulate arguments that they don't believe? Republican politicians do not hold conservative principles. The only principle they believe in is generating enough pork to stay in office.
I hate to break it to those deniers who believe that President Obama's tax-guzzling capacity has somehow been diminished by the fiscal cliff provision to fix "permanent" tax rates. You're dreaming.
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 54 minutes ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 3 hours ago
- Super-sized: Man loses 56 lbs eating nothing but McDonald’s Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Uh oh: Reports claim Ukrainian air force base in Sevastopol has been stormed by pro-Russian forces Allahpundit 5 hours ago