Several smart columnists and respected conservative editorial pieces tell us that a major silver lining in the crisis deal just concluded is that by agreeing not to reinstitute the Clinton tax rates (and leave the Bush rates in place) for all but the "wealthy" (income of $400,000 for single filers and $450,000 for marrieds), Obama and the Democrats made a major concession. They argue that if Democrats couldn't do better after...
You ask, "But how can we possibly win arguments when we don't even articulate them?" But I would ask, how can Republican politicians articulate arguments that they don't believe? Republican politicians do not hold conservative principles. The only principle they believe in is generating enough pork to stay in office.
I hate to break it to those deniers who believe that President Obama's tax-guzzling capacity has somehow been diminished by the fiscal cliff provision to fix "permanent" tax rates. You're dreaming.
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 12 mins ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- U.S. about to pass Saudi Arabia as largest liquid petroleum producer Bruce McQuain 1 hour ago
- Will Grimes ever give us a straight answer? Matt Vespa 2 hours ago
- Victory! Boys born as boys can shower with girls in Kentucky school Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Prosecutor: Suspect in Oklahoma beheading uttered Arabic words during attack Allahpundit 3 hours ago