Several smart columnists and respected conservative editorial pieces tell us that a major silver lining in the crisis deal just concluded is that by agreeing not to reinstitute the Clinton tax rates (and leave the Bush rates in place) for all but the "wealthy" (income of $400,000 for single filers and $450,000 for marrieds), Obama and the Democrats made a major concession. They argue that if Democrats couldn't do better after...
You ask, "But how can we possibly win arguments when we don't even articulate them?" But I would ask, how can Republican politicians articulate arguments that they don't believe? Republican politicians do not hold conservative principles. The only principle they believe in is generating enough pork to stay in office.
I hate to break it to those deniers who believe that President Obama's tax-guzzling capacity has somehow been diminished by the fiscal cliff provision to fix "permanent" tax rates. You're dreaming.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Good: Comedienne refuses to apologize for telling jokes Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Shocking report: Obama didn’t even finish Jiro’s sushi Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Who’s up for a Throwback Thursday with Kim Jong Un? Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Georgia governor signs liberalizing concealed carry law Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet Allahpundit 5 hours ago