"Tonight, I propose working with states to make high-quality preschool available to every child in America," Obama said. "In states that make it a priority to educate our youngest children, like Georgia or Oklahoma,...
Finland is recognized as having the best public education in the world. Children do not enter that system until they are seven years old.
The section on expanding government funding for pre-K schooling programs around the country took up only a few minutes of President Obama's State of the Union address, but is heavily emphasized by the White House. While "universal pre-K" makes for good rhetoric, actual implementation of the policy makes all the difference in the world - and there's good reason to question the efficacy of such programs.
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 28 minutes ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 57 minutes ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Boehner gets angry on immigration: When is Obama going to take some responsibility for something? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Conservatives and establishment GOP agree: Don’t impeach Obama Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Democrats plan on making Hobby Lobby their midterm message Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago