"Tonight, I propose working with states to make high-quality preschool available to every child in America," Obama said. "In states that make it a priority to educate our youngest children, like Georgia or Oklahoma,...
Finland is recognized as having the best public education in the world. Children do not enter that system until they are seven years old.
The section on expanding government funding for pre-K schooling programs around the country took up only a few minutes of President Obama's State of the Union address, but is heavily emphasized by the White House. While "universal pre-K" makes for good rhetoric, actual implementation of the policy makes all the difference in the world - and there's good reason to question the efficacy of such programs.
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 30 mins ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Stemwinder: Rand Paul rips Obama’s Syria plan, McCain, Kerry, Hillary, interventionists, anti-war hypocrites, you name it Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Congressman: The CIA thinks Obama’s strategy of arming Syrian moderates is “doomed to failure” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Ukrainian President warns joint session of Congress of the ‘new Cold War’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago