They've sold their souls for lesser reasons. It seems, once they drink the big government kool-aid, our representatives forget that they're supposed to work for us - except during campaign season, and only if they have viable competition.
Former Vice President Al Gore recently expressed his newly developed opinion that the United States should dispense with the Electoral College formula for choosing the President and Vice President. Of course, this complex and enduring practice gets beat up every four years. It seems a bit convoluted, especially when considering that Americans will someday be able to cast their votes on a mobile device.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 2 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 3 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago