They've sold their souls for lesser reasons. It seems, once they drink the big government kool-aid, our representatives forget that they're supposed to work for us - except during campaign season, and only if they have viable competition.
Former Vice President Al Gore recently expressed his newly developed opinion that the United States should dispense with the Electoral College formula for choosing the President and Vice President. Of course, this complex and enduring practice gets beat up every four years. It seems a bit convoluted, especially when considering that Americans will someday be able to cast their votes on a mobile device.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 9 hours ago