They've sold their souls for lesser reasons. It seems, once they drink the big government kool-aid, our representatives forget that they're supposed to work for us - except during campaign season, and only if they have viable competition.
Former Vice President Al Gore recently expressed his newly developed opinion that the United States should dispense with the Electoral College formula for choosing the President and Vice President. Of course, this complex and enduring practice gets beat up every four years. It seems a bit convoluted, especially when considering that Americans will someday be able to cast their votes on a mobile device.
- Video: UK takes steps to keep British jihadists from returning Ed Morrissey 38 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 20 hours ago