They've sold their souls for lesser reasons. It seems, once they drink the big government kool-aid, our representatives forget that they're supposed to work for us - except during campaign season, and only if they have viable competition.
Former Vice President Al Gore recently expressed his newly developed opinion that the United States should dispense with the Electoral College formula for choosing the President and Vice President. Of course, this complex and enduring practice gets beat up every four years. It seems a bit convoluted, especially when considering that Americans will someday be able to cast their votes on a mobile device.
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 52 minutes ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago