Americans are living longer lives, and the additional years of retirement are putting a strain on Social Security and Medicare. But raising the retirement age - a bipartisan cost-cutting favorite - is deeply problematic unless Americans are healthy when they reach their mid-60s and...
In response to:
Give me e Break! Mr. Kerpin should deal in facts, not government and MSM hype! Obama didn't raid $716B from Medicare. He stole non-existent money from the projected increases in Medicare. So O'care will benefit from money that hasn't been printed yet. Cry me a river for the drug companies. While O and previous politicians like to flog Exxon for 10-12% profits, and health insurance companies for 3% profits, Merck consistently, even during the Vioxx litigation, pulls 25+% profits. The poorest drug companies are considered in trouble when their profits drop near 15%.
The latest fiscal cliff plan from President Obama promised $400 billion in entitlement savings. An analysis by the Washington Post of the likely composition of those "savings" showed that nearly half of those cuts would come from requiring prescription drug rebates in Medicare. That would be a huge mistake for the country's fiscal and physical health.
- Video: Don Lemon claims “most people” can buy automatic weapons in America Ed Morrissey 42 mins ago
- Video: The shooting of Kajieme Powell Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Perry grand juror also a Texas Democratic Party delegate? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Sen. Bernie Sanders confronted by constituents: ‘F*** Israel!’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Obama not grasping the seriousness of the Foley murder, says … Chris Matthews? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Decision to release details of failed raid to free James Foley backfires on White House Noah Rothman 4 hours ago