Americans are living longer lives, and the additional years of retirement are putting a strain on Social Security and Medicare. But raising the retirement age - a bipartisan cost-cutting favorite - is deeply problematic unless Americans are healthy when they reach their mid-60s and...
In response to:
Give me e Break! Mr. Kerpin should deal in facts, not government and MSM hype! Obama didn't raid $716B from Medicare. He stole non-existent money from the projected increases in Medicare. So O'care will benefit from money that hasn't been printed yet. Cry me a river for the drug companies. While O and previous politicians like to flog Exxon for 10-12% profits, and health insurance companies for 3% profits, Merck consistently, even during the Vioxx litigation, pulls 25+% profits. The poorest drug companies are considered in trouble when their profits drop near 15%.
The latest fiscal cliff plan from President Obama promised $400 billion in entitlement savings. An analysis by the Washington Post of the likely composition of those "savings" showed that nearly half of those cuts would come from requiring prescription drug rebates in Medicare. That would be a huge mistake for the country's fiscal and physical health.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 9 hours ago