Businesses, as well as most nonprofit enterprises, by law are required to produce financial statements that include all of their present and expected future liabilities. On top of that, they are...
Did FDR play politics with people's lives? Sure, but seen from the victim's eyes, he was a savior. And some unconstitutional programs that were initiated during FDR's reign actually promoted our country's, and the world's, economic progress. The REA, just to name one, brought electricity out of the cities and into every farm house (except the Amish). This fueled a boom in sales of electrical appliances, radios, TV's central heat and air, etc. How long would it have taken for private industry to justify such an investment in infrastructure? It may not have happened even by today.
Is there any reason for today's Americans to care about what happens to tomorrow's Americans? After all, what have tomorrow's Americans done for today's Americans? Moreover, since tomorrow's Americans don't vote, we can dump on them with impunity. That's a vision that describes the actual behavior of today's Americans. It would be seen as selfish, callous and ruthless only if it were actually articulated. Let's look at it.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 34 minutes ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago