Businesses, as well as most nonprofit enterprises, by law are required to produce financial statements that include all of their present and expected future liabilities. On top of that, they are...
This article is just what every high school student should learn. I've been harping on this for the past 20+ years, but especially the last 12 years. I'm a conservative who strongly believes that government shouldn't pass on any debt to future generations, even if we deem it to be for their own good. They didn't vote for it, so they shouldn't be required to pay it. That being said, let me try to understand my grand parents' view. During the depression, people couldn't get jobs, they were starving, and the dust bowl took away many families' ability to even have their own gardens for basic survival. Had the government not stepped in with make-work and other programs, many more would have starved.
Is there any reason for today's Americans to care about what happens to tomorrow's Americans? After all, what have tomorrow's Americans done for today's Americans? Moreover, since tomorrow's Americans don't vote, we can dump on them with impunity. That's a vision that describes the actual behavior of today's Americans. It would be seen as selfish, callous and ruthless only if it were actually articulated. Let's look at it.
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago