Seventy-five years, millions of arrests and billions of dollars later, we are still living with the consequences of that ignorant, ill-considered decision, which nationalized a policy that punishes peaceful people and squanders taxpayer money in a blind vendetta...
In response to:
I've never seen violence from someone who is high on marijuana. You are completely safe from these people - they just want to be left alone. The people who will be smoking it - already do, and those are the people who aren't causing trouble. AND any SMART parent would not let their child go to the store by themselves under any circumstances these days.
Shortly before the House of Representatives approved a federal ban on marijuana in 1937, the Republican minority leader, Bertrand Snell of New York, confessed, "I do not know anything about the bill." The Democratic majority leader, Sam Rayburn of Texas, educated him. "It has something to do with something that is called marihuana," Rayburn said. "I believe it is a narcotic of some kind."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 5 hours ago