Seventy-five years, millions of arrests and billions of dollars later, we are still living with the consequences of that ignorant, ill-considered decision, which nationalized a policy that punishes peaceful people and squanders taxpayer money in a blind vendetta...
In response to:
I've never seen violence from someone who is high on marijuana. You are completely safe from these people - they just want to be left alone. The people who will be smoking it - already do, and those are the people who aren't causing trouble. AND any SMART parent would not let their child go to the store by themselves under any circumstances these days.
Shortly before the House of Representatives approved a federal ban on marijuana in 1937, the Republican minority leader, Bertrand Snell of New York, confessed, "I do not know anything about the bill." The Democratic majority leader, Sam Rayburn of Texas, educated him. "It has something to do with something that is called marihuana," Rayburn said. "I believe it is a narcotic of some kind."
- Breaking: Obama approves sending 350 more troops back into Baghdad Mary Katharine Ham 30 mins ago
- ESPN poll: 71% support team keeping “Redskins” name — including 53% of liberals Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Brutal Ad: Mary Landrieu’s tireless representation of her true home town Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- U.K. graciously declines to charge parents arrested for trying to save their child’s life Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Biden: “It’s time to take back America!” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago