Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
A Thoughtful look at Marijuana Legalization?? This article is Biased is an understatement. Most people who smoke stay home and do it. I've never seen a violent pot smoker, and I am 100% sure if there was marijuana in someone's system in the ER that it was not the ONLY drug in their system. Traces can be detected up to a month after use but the effects only last a few hours after use. This whole article is a big pile of anti-cannabis propaganda. Probably pushed through one or more of the many Powerful groups lobbying against cannabis. Big Paper, Big Cotton, Big Oil, Big Pharma, Big Tobacco, and Big Plastics all have a reason to hate cannabis/hemp. Hemp produces a superior product with less of an environmental footprint.
- Brennan: We wouldn’t do a “tremendous” amount of spying, hacking, and monitoring of Congress Ed Morrissey 23 minutes ago
- WaPo: Hillary adviser raised funds illegally for 2008 shadow campaign? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Oh, by the way: Obama just quietly suspended ObamaCare’s individual mandate until 2016 Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Oh, it’s HBO! Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Issa releases scathing report on Lerner Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Obama: Health insurance isn’t expensive – just cancel cable and phones; Update: White House responds Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago