Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
A Thoughtful look at Marijuana Legalization?? This article is Biased is an understatement. Most people who smoke stay home and do it. I've never seen a violent pot smoker, and I am 100% sure if there was marijuana in someone's system in the ER that it was not the ONLY drug in their system. Traces can be detected up to a month after use but the effects only last a few hours after use. This whole article is a big pile of anti-cannabis propaganda. Probably pushed through one or more of the many Powerful groups lobbying against cannabis. Big Paper, Big Cotton, Big Oil, Big Pharma, Big Tobacco, and Big Plastics all have a reason to hate cannabis/hemp. Hemp produces a superior product with less of an environmental footprint.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 14 hours ago