In response to:
A lot of the problem is that politicians will naturally do what will make them popular over the next 4 to 8 years, when they will be seeking reelection. Sound, prudent economic management does not make you popular in the short run. It is paINFUL. Lower spending, less bribery of voters (which is what socialism means), better education, all produce benefits over the next 15, 25 or 50 years. That doesn't help politicians get elected. It's not that they don't know higher taxes are harmful. It's simply that higher taxes benefit them.
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 33 minutes ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- McCain on Ted Cruz: Have these self-proclaimed Reagan Republicans forgotten that Reagan gave amnesty to three million illegals? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Yikes: ObamaCare signups slowed down in February Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Newest target of Latino media on immigration reform: Barack Obama? Allahpundit 4 hours ago