In response to:
A lot of the problem is that politicians will naturally do what will make them popular over the next 4 to 8 years, when they will be seeking reelection. Sound, prudent economic management does not make you popular in the short run. It is paINFUL. Lower spending, less bribery of voters (which is what socialism means), better education, all produce benefits over the next 15, 25 or 50 years. That doesn't help politicians get elected. It's not that they don't know higher taxes are harmful. It's simply that higher taxes benefit them.
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- The Marysville school shooting was politicized in about, oh… three minutes Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Hillarynomics: Businesses don’t create jobs Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Christie, Cuomo enact stricter travel restrictions as new patient showed symptoms in NJ, tests negative Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 17 hours ago