In response to:
A lot of the problem is that politicians will naturally do what will make them popular over the next 4 to 8 years, when they will be seeking reelection. Sound, prudent economic management does not make you popular in the short run. It is paINFUL. Lower spending, less bribery of voters (which is what socialism means), better education, all produce benefits over the next 15, 25 or 50 years. That doesn't help politicians get elected. It's not that they don't know higher taxes are harmful. It's simply that higher taxes benefit them.
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 12 mins ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 52 mins ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest-hosting for Hugh Hewitt! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- AP: CIA given stand-down order in Europe Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago