Over the past two months, Europe's problems seem to have disappeared from the headlines. However, the new French Socialist government is pushing ahead with policies that favor significantly higher government spending, greater regulation of business and commerce, and severely higher taxes on high earners. The long term effects of these policies, which I believe will lead to further economic decline, may be given fresh scrutiny if France is drawn into a lasting conflict in West Africa as a result of its surprise intervention in Mali last week. The financial discussions that will certainly accompany a longer term strategic commitment to the...
In response to:
The turning point will come when the dems run out of other people's money.
- Biofuels producers: No really, this is the year biofuels are going to take off, for serious Erika Johnsen 38 minutes ago
- Why not Mike Pence in 2016? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: That recent deceleration in healthcare spending? Yeah, that’s probably over Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- New Fox ensemble show to feature Townhall’s Katie Pavlich as contributor Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Surprise: Democrat-aligned groups vastly out-raising conservative counterparts in 2014 Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Obama to faith leaders: I have no plans for an executive amnesty on immigration Allahpundit 3 hours ago