In response to:
Jeff2422: The author of Star Trek must have been very naive. How were goods and services to be rationed, without money? And in the later series, the only creatures motivated by profit were ugly little men called Ferengi. The were depicted are repellent and greedy. It rather reminds me of the way hitler depicted the Jews- as mercantile, greedy and physically ugly.
Given what we know in 2012, saying that capitalism will make a society richer than socialism should be about as controversial as saying the earth is round, not flat. Yet, a recent Gallup poll shows that more liberals have a positive view of socialism than capitalism. This is only possible because there are so many perverse incentives that drive the promotion of socialism. If you're a politician, socialism puts power in your hands while capitalism takes it away. If you want to use the government to control people's lives, socialism is a wonderful vehicle to do just that while...
- Half of Americans willing to pay zero additional dollars for EPA carbon regs Jazz Shaw 46 mins ago
- Video: Hatchet-wielding attacker has “Islamic extremist leanings” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Canada’s Sergeant at Arms gets standing ovation after shooting terrorist while wearing tails Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Poll: Republican gubernatorial candidate up two points in…Illinois? Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Breaking: New Ebola case in NYC Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago