The cast includes Andy Garcia, Eva Longoria, Peter O'Toole (in a cameo role as a murdered priest, the octogenarian is splendid), Ruben Blades and Mexican star Eduardo...
The reason we never heard of this revolution and the slaughter of the faithful Catholics... it isn't mindless pop culture. The schools couldn't spin it in favor of some moronic socialist welfare program. The movie critics would burst into flames if they had to write anything good about the martyrs. We live in a corrupted, brainwashed society where 'good' doesn't work unless it comes from some liberal gov't agency. We have got tot reverse the insanity and get back to basics... Christian faith is under very aggressive attack because the left knows it is truly a religion of peace..therefore very easy and safe to assault.
When I first heard "For Greater Glory" (originally titled "Cristiada," which I prefer) was being shot, I was stunned -- and skeptical. It never could be produced by Hollywood. In fact, it wouldn't be a theatrical release, maybe a short documentary, certainly with a small budget. On the former, I was correct; it was made in Mexico. On the latter, I was wrong; it's a full-fledged major motion picture with grade-A talent. And it's wonderful.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 53 mins ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago