In response to:
I appreciated your citation of Riley. "When I was a lad" many, many years ago in Indiana an elderly portly gentleman dressed in a black suit and tie would come to schools ocassionally to recite Riley's poetry (not including the one you cited). His deep voice and delivery were precisely the way I would have imagined Riley himself delivering the works. You bring back fond memories. Incidentally, I agree with you.
It was yet another late selloff for stocks after a session that exhibited resolve but never conviction. The fact is we are now back in one of those trends of waiting for the last hour of trading and buckling up as the small hand hits three and the big hand hits twelve. There are many reasons for this renewed angst, chief among them, the debacle that is European politics and economic woes. Yet, the forces of social justice are such that somehow people that don't work or pay little taxes can punish and berate those that foot most of the bill.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 13 hours ago