In response to:
I appreciated your citation of Riley. "When I was a lad" many, many years ago in Indiana an elderly portly gentleman dressed in a black suit and tie would come to schools ocassionally to recite Riley's poetry (not including the one you cited). His deep voice and delivery were precisely the way I would have imagined Riley himself delivering the works. You bring back fond memories. Incidentally, I agree with you.
It was yet another late selloff for stocks after a session that exhibited resolve but never conviction. The fact is we are now back in one of those trends of waiting for the last hour of trading and buckling up as the small hand hits three and the big hand hits twelve. There are many reasons for this renewed angst, chief among them, the debacle that is European politics and economic woes. Yet, the forces of social justice are such that somehow people that don't work or pay little taxes can punish and berate those that foot most of the bill.
- Megan McArdle goes off on suspicious Census Bureau/Obamacare methodology switch Guy Benson 18 minutes ago
- Chris Christie on punishing drug users: If we’re going to be pro-life, let’s be pro-life all the way Allahpundit 58 minutes ago
- The encore ObamaCare victory lap after the not-a-deadline-extension Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Eric Cantor: Obama and I totally had an angry conversation about immigration yesterday Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- America’s new labor battle: SEIU versus … Media Matters Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Phelim McAleer, Rep. Marsha Blackburn, Collin Raye Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago