I think a lot of people expect politicians are always lying. My father was that way. So they don't care so much until they feel the effects of the lying, such as this case.

The South Sucks?

GeoInSD Wrote: Nov 01, 2013 10:26 AM
Isolating the South is an example of the Saul Alinsky "Rules for Radicals" tactic of isolating the enemy.

Obamacare victims and Israel

GeoInSD Wrote: Nov 01, 2013 10:24 AM
To "fundamentally transform" anything is to make it into something that resembles little, if at all, of what it does today. Why would any pro-America person want to "fundamentally transform" it?
Environmentalism is the new Holy Roman Empire. Environmentalism is the new dogma used to justify and forward an agenda without complaint from the people.

Common Core Math is Ridiculous

GeoInSD Wrote: Oct 04, 2013 5:15 PM
What gets me is that they are pushing this out on a massive scale before it is proven the method works. I remember hearing the "whole language" technique for reading was deployed on a massive scale before it was proven out and it proved to be a massive failure. The real difference between Conservatives and Leftists is that Conservatives prefer to use proven methods before rolling it out on a big scale. As carpenters do, "measure twice, cut once". Leftists are so sure of themselves that they make the cut blindfolded. When Conservatives try to stop them from such folly they cry and scream that the only reason we don't believe their method will work is because we are racist misogynists.
Amen, American Eagle. I was about to mention the Parable of the Talents. As far as helping the poor, it is always the individual's responsibility, not a government's. A government is soulless. Why would he have any interest in outlining what a government should do? I read no where him lobbying the Roman government or any other gov to do anything.
Amen Brother David. I am dumbfounded by how most Republican members of Congress and supposedly conservative commentators are quick to surrender without a fight. I am thoroughly disgusted as well as dumbfounded. I am 51 years old and I don't remember it ever being that way in my lifetime. One top of all that, the Dems don't even have truth on their side. You can just replay Obama's and look out how it has turned out and clearly things are not what they advertised to us.

Democratic Party Loves Ill-Informed Voters

GeoInSD Wrote: Sep 26, 2013 10:09 AM
There are a significant number of people that didn't want Obama to lose in 2012 just because they didn't want "the first Black president" to be seen as a failure. I have heard with my own ears Chris Matthews say that his job is to make sure Obama is successful. Perhaps he meant that literally. I thought for sure Obama would lose in 2012. Carter didn't get reelected. Bush 41 didn't get reelected. I feel that Obama is easily worse than either and felt in 2012 that there was NO WAY he would be reelected, regardless of what pre-election polls said. But I obviously underestimated the power of the media and uninformed voters and those Leftists sticking with their guy no matter how bad he is.

Democratic Party Loves Ill-Informed Voters

GeoInSD Wrote: Sep 26, 2013 10:02 AM
"I'm not sure why the twitter follower has a problem with Fox News". Obviously, the guy is an idea bigot who has no tolerance for views other than his own. The Left likes to think they are tolerant but they are not at all. A major reason why federalism and states' rights and the 10th Amendment are important is because we are not a homogenous people. Were gov't concentrated nationally, as the Left prefers, one cannot escape policies with which one disagrees without leaving the country. With federalism and laws and regulations kept at the local level, if you find them intolerable you can move to another county or state. It is also much easier to influence change at the local level than the national level. The Left are the ones who are truly intolerant. They are the ones insisting that all laws and regulations be at the national level so no one can escape from them.
"consistent with this Administrations foreign policy"? Does Obama have a foreign policy, at least a consistent one?

Obama Lied, My Health Plan Died

GeoInSD Wrote: Sep 25, 2013 1:43 AM
The real goals of the ACA is to further expand gov't control over the people AND wealth redistribution. Obama's main goal is to implement "fairness" by redistributing wealth. The ACA is just one tool. To those Americans and American residents who get a net gain from the ACA's wealth redistribution, don't get too comfortable because Obama and his ilk will eventually redistribute wealth on a GLOBAL basis. On a global basis, even America's poor are wealthy. So you American standard poor, don't be so happy because your property is on the Progressives' list for redistribution. It is just that your property is farther down the list for redistribution than others. But your day will come, so don't laugh at the rest of us whose property is being confiscated today.