Katie and Cortney have already touched on this brewing "controversy," but I suspect the smallness of the issue -- if you can call it that -- is actually indicative of something larger. The Left's fixation on Mitt Romney's turn of phrase "women full of binders" in the second debate may represent the pettiest and most trivial chapter of this entire campaign. And yes, I'm fully aware of the fact that we've witnessed multiple attacks centered around Romney's pets. At first, I viewed "binders" as a transitory lefty internet meme-generator and twitter sensation....
I completely don't get the binder fuss. I disagree with Mr. Halperin that binders is in the same class as "you didn't build that". The big deal with "you didn't build that" is that it is yet another data point revealing Obama's statist view and where he wants to lead the nation. But the binder remark? I saw the debate and it is clear that it was a binder of women's resumes who are likely well qualified for high level positions within the MA governor's office. That was absolutely clear to me and not at all ambiguous. What is the problem? I think the Left being so caught up with carefully parsing words, "depends on the meaning of 'is' is", etc. they find phantoms where none exist.
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 23 minutes ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago