Last week, The Washington Post spotlighted a recent interview Chan did with Chinese TV in which he accused America of being "the most corrupt country in the world." The Hong Kong-born Chan also admitted proudly that he is a propagandist for the Communist Chinese government....
I have been to China MANY times, have many friends in China and from China in the US. My ancestors left China around 1860. While I really enjoy VISITING China, I am glad my ancestors left. I don't know anyone who thinks China is a more virtuous country than the US. I don't think Jackie Chan's opinions are shared fully by the common Chinese, especially not his opinion of the US. One Chinese friend of mine and I were discussing just last week how disastrous it would be if China became the #1 world power without the US to counter balance it.
Martial arts movie legend Jackie Chan deserves a rhetorical roundhouse kick to the mouth. So does his pal PSY, the Korean rapper whose "Gangnam Style" music video has racked up more than a billion views worldwide. Both men have raked in big bucks from Western fans while trashing the very freedoms and cultures that made them superstars.
- Rand Paul to Ted Cruz: Stop mischaracterizing my foreign policy views Allahpundit 33 minutes ago
- Video: Feds probing Maryland ObamaCare exchange Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Nancy Pelosi: A Republican friend of mine told me that his party is “indifferent” to “really hungry children,” you know Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Nudity, prudity, and double standards on cable television Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Funny or die: Obama pitches ObamaCare to Zach Galifianakis; Update: Goal achieved Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Netanyahu: PA has to recognize Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago