Last week, The Washington Post spotlighted a recent interview Chan did with Chinese TV in which he accused America of being "the most corrupt country in the world." The Hong Kong-born Chan also admitted proudly that he is a propagandist for the Communist Chinese government....
I have been to China MANY times, have many friends in China and from China in the US. My ancestors left China around 1860. While I really enjoy VISITING China, I am glad my ancestors left. I don't know anyone who thinks China is a more virtuous country than the US. I don't think Jackie Chan's opinions are shared fully by the common Chinese, especially not his opinion of the US. One Chinese friend of mine and I were discussing just last week how disastrous it would be if China became the #1 world power without the US to counter balance it.
Martial arts movie legend Jackie Chan deserves a rhetorical roundhouse kick to the mouth. So does his pal PSY, the Korean rapper whose "Gangnam Style" music video has racked up more than a billion views worldwide. Both men have raked in big bucks from Western fans while trashing the very freedoms and cultures that made them superstars.
- 80 people being monitored in Dallas area for Ebola Ed Morrissey 32 mins ago
- White House: No plans to block flights from ebola countries Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Fox poll shows majority of likely voters support ground troops against ISIS Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Gray Lady reporter very confused as to why Republicans don’t want the President to be attacked Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago