Last week, The Washington Post spotlighted a recent interview Chan did with Chinese TV in which he accused America of being "the most corrupt country in the world." The Hong Kong-born Chan also admitted proudly that he is a propagandist for the Communist Chinese government....
"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - attributed to Ben Franklin I am 4th generation American born of Chinese descent and have been to China MANY MANY times. A constitution like that of the US requires a civil society and moral people (which we are quickly losing) to work, otherwise Mr. Franklin will prove correct. China would collapse into chaos with a US-like constitution. From what I have seen in China, people (not all but my impression is a vast majority) generally care only about money. I don't think China is quite ready for liberty. Freedom requires morality to keep from tyranny by the majority. We in the US are well on the road to ruin, voting ourselves the treasury.
Martial arts movie legend Jackie Chan deserves a rhetorical roundhouse kick to the mouth. So does his pal PSY, the Korean rapper whose "Gangnam Style" music video has racked up more than a billion views worldwide. Both men have raked in big bucks from Western fans while trashing the very freedoms and cultures that made them superstars.
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 20 hours ago