Last week, The Washington Post spotlighted a recent interview Chan did with Chinese TV in which he accused America of being "the most corrupt country in the world." The Hong Kong-born Chan also admitted proudly that he is a propagandist for the Communist Chinese government....
"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - attributed to Ben Franklin I am 4th generation American born of Chinese descent and have been to China MANY MANY times. A constitution like that of the US requires a civil society and moral people (which we are quickly losing) to work, otherwise Mr. Franklin will prove correct. China would collapse into chaos with a US-like constitution. From what I have seen in China, people (not all but my impression is a vast majority) generally care only about money. I don't think China is quite ready for liberty. Freedom requires morality to keep from tyranny by the majority. We in the US are well on the road to ruin, voting ourselves the treasury.
Martial arts movie legend Jackie Chan deserves a rhetorical roundhouse kick to the mouth. So does his pal PSY, the Korean rapper whose "Gangnam Style" music video has racked up more than a billion views worldwide. Both men have raked in big bucks from Western fans while trashing the very freedoms and cultures that made them superstars.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago