Last week, The Washington Post spotlighted a recent interview Chan did with Chinese TV in which he accused America of being "the most corrupt country in the world." The Hong Kong-born Chan also admitted proudly that he is a propagandist for the Communist Chinese government....
"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - attributed to Ben Franklin I am 4th generation American born of Chinese descent and have been to China MANY MANY times. A constitution like that of the US requires a civil society and moral people (which we are quickly losing) to work, otherwise Mr. Franklin will prove correct. China would collapse into chaos with a US-like constitution. From what I have seen in China, people (not all but my impression is a vast majority) generally care only about money. I don't think China is quite ready for liberty. Freedom requires morality to keep from tyranny by the majority. We in the US are well on the road to ruin, voting ourselves the treasury.
Martial arts movie legend Jackie Chan deserves a rhetorical roundhouse kick to the mouth. So does his pal PSY, the Korean rapper whose "Gangnam Style" music video has racked up more than a billion views worldwide. Both men have raked in big bucks from Western fans while trashing the very freedoms and cultures that made them superstars.
- Luis Gutierrez: I have a duty to protect America, which is why I can’t support a border security bill Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- Iowa’s Joni Ernst isn’t out yet: New poll shows her with a majority support Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Gates: No “hope of success” against ISIS without boots on the ground Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Audio: Joe Biden being Joe Biden, Jewish outreach edition; Update: “Poor choice of words” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Benghazi hearings about to force the press to pay attention Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- CBS/NYT poll shows Obama at new low on terrorism, foreign policy Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago