Last week, The Washington Post spotlighted a recent interview Chan did with Chinese TV in which he accused America of being "the most corrupt country in the world." The Hong Kong-born Chan also admitted proudly that he is a propagandist for the Communist Chinese government....
I am 4th generation American of Chinese descent. It is hard to find a more liberty and Constitution and small government loving person than me, regardless of ethnicity. If you take a look at the presidential election exit polls, through 1996 Asians went for Republicans even more than Caucasians. The switch happened by 2000. I don't know the cause for this shift but my guess is from the naturalization of the wave of Asian immigration in the 1980s and 1990s. They grew up with a big government mindset from their mother country and in the US by that time. They got little to no exposure to the concept of a small and limited government. That said, my wife is from Burma and understands firsthand the evils of an authoritarian government.
Martial arts movie legend Jackie Chan deserves a rhetorical roundhouse kick to the mouth. So does his pal PSY, the Korean rapper whose "Gangnam Style" music video has racked up more than a billion views worldwide. Both men have raked in big bucks from Western fans while trashing the very freedoms and cultures that made them superstars.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 9 hours ago