Last week, The Washington Post spotlighted a recent interview Chan did with Chinese TV in which he accused America of being "the most corrupt country in the world." The Hong Kong-born Chan also admitted proudly that he is a propagandist for the Communist Chinese government....
I am 4th generation American of Chinese descent. It is hard to find a more liberty and Constitution and small government loving person than me, regardless of ethnicity. If you take a look at the presidential election exit polls, through 1996 Asians went for Republicans even more than Caucasians. The switch happened by 2000. I don't know the cause for this shift but my guess is from the naturalization of the wave of Asian immigration in the 1980s and 1990s. They grew up with a big government mindset from their mother country and in the US by that time. They got little to no exposure to the concept of a small and limited government. That said, my wife is from Burma and understands firsthand the evils of an authoritarian government.
Martial arts movie legend Jackie Chan deserves a rhetorical roundhouse kick to the mouth. So does his pal PSY, the Korean rapper whose "Gangnam Style" music video has racked up more than a billion views worldwide. Both men have raked in big bucks from Western fans while trashing the very freedoms and cultures that made them superstars.
- Grand Jury in Michael Brown shooting under scrutiny following tweets Jazz Shaw 22 mins ago
- Intel and military sources: We could have hit “Khorasan” in June Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Sources: DOJ won’t file civil-rights charges against George Zimmerman for shooting Trayvon Martin Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Panetta memoir blames Obama for collapse in Iraq Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- 80 people being monitored in Dallas area for Ebola; Update: 100? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- White House: No plans to block flights from ebola countries Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago