Last week, The Washington Post spotlighted a recent interview Chan did with Chinese TV in which he accused America of being "the most corrupt country in the world." The Hong Kong-born Chan also admitted proudly that he is a propagandist for the Communist Chinese government....
I am 4th generation American of Chinese descent. It is hard to find a more liberty and Constitution and small government loving person than me, regardless of ethnicity. If you take a look at the presidential election exit polls, through 1996 Asians went for Republicans even more than Caucasians. The switch happened by 2000. I don't know the cause for this shift but my guess is from the naturalization of the wave of Asian immigration in the 1980s and 1990s. They grew up with a big government mindset from their mother country and in the US by that time. They got little to no exposure to the concept of a small and limited government. That said, my wife is from Burma and understands firsthand the evils of an authoritarian government.
Martial arts movie legend Jackie Chan deserves a rhetorical roundhouse kick to the mouth. So does his pal PSY, the Korean rapper whose "Gangnam Style" music video has racked up more than a billion views worldwide. Both men have raked in big bucks from Western fans while trashing the very freedoms and cultures that made them superstars.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 9 hours ago