The criticisms of the recent absurd comments by Missouri Republican Congressman Todd Akin, who at this writing is his party's nominee to take on incumbent Missouri Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in November in a contest he had been expected to win, have focused on his clearly erroneous understanding of the human female anatomy. In a now infamous statement, in which he used the bizarre and unheard-of phrase "legitimate rape," the congressman gave the impression that some rapes of women are not mentally or seriously resisted. This is an antediluvian and misogynistic myth for which there is no basis in fact and...
Put yourself in the position of the rape victim for a minute here: She is violently attacked, forced to let some abusive scum use her body for his own enjoyment. Then she is forced to undergo 9 months of very uncomfortable, life-changing, physical changes (her lungs and heart turn sideways and get pushed up into her thorax, etc.) Every AM for several weeks she gets up, throws up, and has to remember it all over again, knowing she is still being (ab)used by this scum who raped her. Then she has to bear his child, go through the pain and trauma of, not only a birth, but the birth of a child she was forced against her will to carry and bear, all because ONE fertile cell has more rights than she does. Is that just? What about HER rights
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 19 hours ago