The criticisms of the recent absurd comments by Missouri Republican Congressman Todd Akin, who at this writing is his party's nominee to take on incumbent Missouri Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in November in a contest he had been expected to win, have focused on his clearly erroneous understanding of the human female anatomy. In a now infamous statement, in which he used the bizarre and unheard-of phrase "legitimate rape," the congressman gave the impression that some rapes of women are not mentally or seriously resisted. This is an antediluvian and misogynistic myth for which there is no basis in fact and...
Put yourself in the position of the rape victim for a minute here: She is violently attacked, forced to let some abusive scum use her body for his own enjoyment. Then she is forced to undergo 9 months of very uncomfortable, life-changing, physical changes (her lungs and heart turn sideways and get pushed up into her thorax, etc.) Every AM for several weeks she gets up, throws up, and has to remember it all over again, knowing she is still being (ab)used by this scum who raped her. Then she has to bear his child, go through the pain and trauma of, not only a birth, but the birth of a child she was forced against her will to carry and bear, all because ONE fertile cell has more rights than she does. Is that just? What about HER rights
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago