The criticisms of the recent absurd comments by Missouri Republican Congressman Todd Akin, who at this writing is his party's nominee to take on incumbent Missouri Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in November in a contest he had been expected to win, have focused on his clearly erroneous understanding of the human female anatomy. In a now infamous statement, in which he used the bizarre and unheard-of phrase "legitimate rape," the congressman gave the impression that some rapes of women are not mentally or seriously resisted. This is an antediluvian and misogynistic myth for which there is no basis in fact and...
Sorry Judge, I can't see where your biological or theological expertise is much better than Akin's presumptions. Your entire argument requires acceptance of the idea that a dependent fetus is a bona fide member of the human (or any other) species. Most likely you subscribe to the idea that homo sapiens has a God-given "soul" and is thus Special, and you don't worry about those chicken fetuses you devoured for breakfast. You need to explain why God irrevocably endowed a fetus with a 'soul' at the moment of conception instead of at the first contraction, or even postnatally. Riding around in a semi-coma (?) for nine months seems like a monumental waste of time to me. If the fetus had originated with sperm cell "B" instead of sperm cell "
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago