The criticisms of the recent absurd comments by Missouri Republican Congressman Todd Akin, who at this writing is his party's nominee to take on incumbent Missouri Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in November in a contest he had been expected to win, have focused on his clearly erroneous understanding of the human female anatomy. In a now infamous statement, in which he used the bizarre and unheard-of phrase "legitimate rape," the congressman gave the impression that some rapes of women are not mentally or seriously resisted. This is an antediluvian and misogynistic myth for which there is no basis in fact and...
Sorry Judge, I can't see where your biological or theological expertise is much better than Akin's presumptions. Your entire argument requires acceptance of the idea that a dependent fetus is a bona fide member of the human (or any other) species. Most likely you subscribe to the idea that homo sapiens has a God-given "soul" and is thus Special, and you don't worry about those chicken fetuses you devoured for breakfast. You need to explain why God irrevocably endowed a fetus with a 'soul' at the moment of conception instead of at the first contraction, or even postnatally. Riding around in a semi-coma (?) for nine months seems like a monumental waste of time to me. If the fetus had originated with sperm cell "B" instead of sperm cell "
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago