As the news starting pouring in about what happened in the theater this week when Satan’s spawn James Holmes donned Kevlar and a small battery of weapons and opened fire on an unsuspecting crowd, I kept thinking, “One fast-thinking and trained person who was armed/licensed with a concealed weapon...
See I'm not a huge fan of guns, but I keep thinking if a bunch of people in that theatre were carrying, or a bunch of people were carrying the day that congresswoman got shot, then not so many people would've gotten shot. Plus if criminals thought, " if I try to commit a crime, but everyone there might have a gun to shoot ME, maybe I should go find a job instead," then maybe there wouldn't be so much crime to begin with. Seriously makes me wanna take Doug's advice.
I would venture to guess that the folks filing in to see the latest Batman installment in Aurora, Colorado last Thursday evening didn’t figure on over 70 of them getting shot before the credits rolled. The last count I received before filing this column was 12 dead and 59 wounded.
- Australian raids net more than a dozen terror suspects before planned wave of attacks Ed Morrissey 12 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 11 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 12 hours ago