As the news starting pouring in about what happened in the theater this week when Satan’s spawn James Holmes donned Kevlar and a small battery of weapons and opened fire on an unsuspecting crowd, I kept thinking, “One fast-thinking and trained person who was armed/licensed with a concealed weapon...
See I'm not a huge fan of guns, but I keep thinking if a bunch of people in that theatre were carrying, or a bunch of people were carrying the day that congresswoman got shot, then not so many people would've gotten shot. Plus if criminals thought, " if I try to commit a crime, but everyone there might have a gun to shoot ME, maybe I should go find a job instead," then maybe there wouldn't be so much crime to begin with. Seriously makes me wanna take Doug's advice.
I would venture to guess that the folks filing in to see the latest Batman installment in Aurora, Colorado last Thursday evening didn’t figure on over 70 of them getting shot before the credits rolled. The last count I received before filing this column was 12 dead and 59 wounded.
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 57 mins ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ISIL is busy building a capital in Syria while Obama dithers Gabriel Malor 2 hours ago
- Alison Lundergan Grimes channels Patches O’Houlihan on campaign trail Matt Vespa 2 hours ago
- Hillary: After weeks of criticism, I have decided I do have an opinion on Ferguson Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- DNC spokesman: We condemn Rand Paul’s “blame America” worldview Allahpundit 4 hours ago