Many established beliefs about presidential politics have been proved false by Obama's reelection: 1.) The idea that, when unemployment is above 7 percent, incumbents fail; 2.) The notion that incumbent presidents who...
You folks really need to understand something - The Tea Party for starters didnt help at all! Second - People arent buying into your "Smaller, Less Intrusive Government" mantra anymore; Not when you try to force government into what should be very personal life decisions whether it be between a Dr and his patient s. (Roe vs Wade, even in cases of rape or incest, Think back to Terri Schiavo and other cases like hers, Your current day GOP's attempts to destroy the separation of church and state.. something we were taught as a good thing in grade school,.. Your partys attepts to inject and abuse the federal and many states constitutions with discrimination with bans on gay marriage.. etc ertc etc.. Your prob isnt people on Welfare. Its YOU
Even when the economy is terrible, when the incumbent Democratic president has not been able to demonstrate success on job creation or growth, and even when the standard of living for Americans is declining on his watch, the country will choose a Democrat "who cares about the problems of people like me" over the Republican. That alone is enough to make Republican heads spin for some time.
- Wisconsin gubernatorial poll: Mary Burke 47, Scott Walker 46 Allahpundit 44 minutes ago
- CNN: Obama approval holding steady … at 42% Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Uh oh: Democratic senator from Montana accused of plagiarism in Army War College assignment Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama orders American ‘military advisors’ to support Ukraine against pro-Russian rebels Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- “Gas the Jews”: Supporters of Hamas run riot in French city, smash Jewish shops Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Investigation reveals Obamacare is a fraudster’s dream come true Noah Rothman 4 hours ago