The National Rifle Association has been under heavy criticism since holding a press conference on December 21 in response to the horrific shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. During his remarks, NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre called for armed police officers in every school in America as a way to prevent the next Sandy Hook and to protect America's kids. The idea was immediately classified as "out of touch" and "unsympathetic" to the situation by anti-Second Amendment advocacy groups calling for more gun control and a renewal of the Clinton-era assault weapons ban. A Gallup...
Somebody said, 'Hey, you know what, this could be like the TSA. We get more of our unions in the school and we get to monitor if the chilrun are getting the right ed. We wouldn't need 'trained' cops but get some of our New Black Brotherhood Panthers in there.' Yea that's the ticket.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 10 hours ago