It’s a well-established fact that members of Congress more often than not leave Washington far richer than when they arrived. (Just look at how Harry Reid made his money, for example). But at a time of such high unemployment and trillion dollar-plus deficits, should members of Congress really be making $174,000 a year? Perhaps they should. But while this never-ending debate rages on, it’s comforting to know that at least some Congressional lawmakers (mostly Republicans, it seems) recognize the glaring disconnect between Washington’s rich and famous and the average working American. And, to their credit, they are trying to...
I believe that would be ONE term.
- Hannity: Bundy’s comments on race are beyond repugnant to me Allahpundit 20 minutes ago
- Should the GOP push to lower the drinking age to 18? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Harry Reid: I call on Republican leaders to denounce this hateful racist Bundy Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: Oregon is about to give up on its ObamaCare exchange Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Captain Kirk: Give Hillary the conn Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Dumb new controversy: Should the 9/11 Museum mention jihad? Allahpundit 3 hours ago