It’s a well-established fact that members of Congress more often than not leave Washington far richer than when they arrived. (Just look at how Harry Reid made his money, for example). But at a time of such high unemployment and trillion dollar-plus deficits, should members of Congress really be making $174,000 a year? Perhaps they should. But while this never-ending debate rages on, it’s comforting to know that at least some Congressional lawmakers (mostly Republicans, it seems) recognize the glaring disconnect between Washington’s rich and famous and the average working American. And, to their credit, they are trying to...
Please..........cut their saleries? These are crooks not mom & pop pizza joint Americans. Force them live under the same terrific benefits from Obamacare that we get. Make them put all their retirement into the most beautiful Social Security Program. Make them live in the $60,000 to $80,000 bracket. Make them.........come to think of it.......since they wobble on a chose between an eternity in hell or doing the right thing.....I don't think there is any hope for any of them.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 9 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 11 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago