It’s a well-established fact that members of Congress more often than not leave Washington far richer than when they arrived. (Just look at how Harry Reid made his money, for example). But at a time of such high unemployment and trillion dollar-plus deficits, should members of Congress really be making $174,000 a year? Perhaps they should. But while this never-ending debate rages on, it’s comforting to know that at least some Congressional lawmakers (mostly Republicans, it seems) recognize the glaring disconnect between Washington’s rich and famous and the average working American. And, to their credit, they are trying to...
Please..........cut their saleries? These are crooks not mom & pop pizza joint Americans. Force them live under the same terrific benefits from Obamacare that we get. Make them put all their retirement into the most beautiful Social Security Program. Make them live in the $60,000 to $80,000 bracket. Make them.........come to think of it.......since they wobble on a chose between an eternity in hell or doing the right thing.....I don't think there is any hope for any of them.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 6 hours ago