It is an axiom in the insurance business that insurance is not bought but sold. In 1935 Franklin Roosevelt sold Congress and Congress sold the U. S. the Social Security Act, the biggest, most comprehensive, most expensive mass insurance policy ever written. Since then its purchasers, the nation's taxpayers, have had occasion to read their policy carefully and, if they have detected no outright jokers, their reaction has been such that practically every politician in the U. S. from Franklin Roosevelt down has put revision of Social Security at the top of his must list.- Pie from the Sky Time Magazine,...
pamela247~~~ I am wide awake. Some of us have known from the beginning, before O was elected that our country was lurching into a downward spiral . This is a plan of action from the dark side. I am aware that what I am about to say sounds very paranoid but I am curious as to whether I am alone in my thinking.We are all in danger. Were the huge forest fires deliberately started? Was the oil rig blown up on purpose? Is the weather being manipulated to cause the droughts and floods? Our government withholds water from the farmers to save a small fish. They refuse to allow us to drill for our own oil and force us to buy foreign. Jobs are moved to China and merchandise is sent back to us to buy and our money goes to them. Where does it stop??
- Video: Feds probing Maryland ObamaCare exchange Ed Morrissey 14 minutes ago
- Nancy Pelosi: A Republican friend of mine told me that his party is “indifferent” to “really hungry children,” you know Erika Johnsen 54 minutes ago
- Nudity, prudity, and double standards on cable television Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Funny or die: Obama pitches ObamaCare to Zach Galifianakis; Update: Goal achieved Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Netanyahu: PA has to recognize Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows Obama underwater on Ukraine crisis, Russia Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago