It is an axiom in the insurance business that insurance is not bought but sold. In 1935 Franklin Roosevelt sold Congress and Congress sold the U. S. the Social Security Act, the biggest, most comprehensive, most expensive mass insurance policy ever written. Since then its purchasers, the nation's taxpayers, have had occasion to read their policy carefully and, if they have detected no outright jokers, their reaction has been such that practically every politician in the U. S. from Franklin Roosevelt down has put revision of Social Security at the top of his must list.- Pie from the Sky Time Magazine,...
pamela247~~~ I am wide awake. Some of us have known from the beginning, before O was elected that our country was lurching into a downward spiral . This is a plan of action from the dark side. I am aware that what I am about to say sounds very paranoid but I am curious as to whether I am alone in my thinking.We are all in danger. Were the huge forest fires deliberately started? Was the oil rig blown up on purpose? Is the weather being manipulated to cause the droughts and floods? Our government withholds water from the farmers to save a small fish. They refuse to allow us to drill for our own oil and force us to buy foreign. Jobs are moved to China and merchandise is sent back to us to buy and our money goes to them. Where does it stop??
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 6 hours ago