The inheritance tax hits small business and family farms the hardest. Family farms are about 500 acres valued at $8,000 -$ 15,000 per acre is minimum $4 Million in land assets, plus machinery with a combine at $250,000, tractors at $125,000, etc. Are they the people you intend to hurt with the inheritance tax? They feed America, yet you believe that they don't deserve to hand down to the next generation, but instead confiscate over 50% which will require the sale of the land. If you want more corporate farms, then inflict the inheritance tax so that they are all gone in one generation.
How do you suppose the courts would view a letter from a teacher to her students ending with the wording, “I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection and blessing of the common Father and Creator of man”? A little awkward for 21st Century English, but this is how Thomas Jefferson ended a letter that he wrote in January of 1802. Was Jefferson acting in violation of the U.S. Constitution by...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ve lasted some 400 years operating under the Constitution… Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Sebelius: Why, no, we have no idea who’s paid for their ObamaCare plans Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Tesla: Chris Christie’s administration just blocked us from selling our cars in New Jersey Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Obama to Putin: It’s not too late to rethink this Crimea thing, you know Allahpundit 9 hours ago