The inheritance tax hits small business and family farms the hardest. Family farms are about 500 acres valued at $8,000 -$ 15,000 per acre is minimum $4 Million in land assets, plus machinery with a combine at $250,000, tractors at $125,000, etc. Are they the people you intend to hurt with the inheritance tax? They feed America, yet you believe that they don't deserve to hand down to the next generation, but instead confiscate over 50% which will require the sale of the land. If you want more corporate farms, then inflict the inheritance tax so that they are all gone in one generation.
How do you suppose the courts would view a letter from a teacher to her students ending with the wording, “I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection and blessing of the common Father and Creator of man”? A little awkward for 21st Century English, but this is how Thomas Jefferson ended a letter that he wrote in January of 1802. Was Jefferson acting in violation of the U.S. Constitution by...
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 43 minutes ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ISIS Update: Sophisticated strategic advance puts Baghdad in the crosshairs Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Ways and Means Committee: We’ve learned that Lois Lerner’s hard drive was scratched — but data was recoverable Allahpundit 4 hours ago