The inheritance tax hits small business and family farms the hardest. Family farms are about 500 acres valued at $8,000 -$ 15,000 per acre is minimum $4 Million in land assets, plus machinery with a combine at $250,000, tractors at $125,000, etc. Are they the people you intend to hurt with the inheritance tax? They feed America, yet you believe that they don't deserve to hand down to the next generation, but instead confiscate over 50% which will require the sale of the land. If you want more corporate farms, then inflict the inheritance tax so that they are all gone in one generation.
How do you suppose the courts would view a letter from a teacher to her students ending with the wording, “I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection and blessing of the common Father and Creator of man”? A little awkward for 21st Century English, but this is how Thomas Jefferson ended a letter that he wrote in January of 1802. Was Jefferson acting in violation of the U.S. Constitution by...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 7 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 8 hours ago