The inheritance tax hits small business and family farms the hardest. Family farms are about 500 acres valued at $8,000 -$ 15,000 per acre is minimum $4 Million in land assets, plus machinery with a combine at $250,000, tractors at $125,000, etc. Are they the people you intend to hurt with the inheritance tax? They feed America, yet you believe that they don't deserve to hand down to the next generation, but instead confiscate over 50% which will require the sale of the land. If you want more corporate farms, then inflict the inheritance tax so that they are all gone in one generation.
How do you suppose the courts would view a letter from a teacher to her students ending with the wording, “I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection and blessing of the common Father and Creator of man”? A little awkward for 21st Century English, but this is how Thomas Jefferson ended a letter that he wrote in January of 1802. Was Jefferson acting in violation of the U.S. Constitution by...
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- The Marysville school shooting was politicized in about, oh… three minutes Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Hillarynomics: Businesses don’t create jobs Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago