Within the next few months, Justice Anthony Kennedy will likely rule that same-sex marriage is mandated by the Constitution of the United States. The ruling will offend both common sense and Constitutional law. But it will nonetheless become the law of the land. With it, states will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages; same-sex marriage will enter the public school lexicon; religious institutions will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages or lose their tax-exempt status. Religious Americans will be forced into violating their beliefs or facing legal consequences by the government. The First Amendment's guarantee of religious liberty will largely become...
In response to:
A gay man is free to enter into a marriage contract with a gay woman and have that contract adjudicated by the courts. So, they are not actually excluded from marriage. So, allow my to rephrase my question, "How are gay people harmed from their inability to use the word 'marriage' as a label for their same sex relationships?"
- NYT: Sink loss “devastating” for Democrats, was driven by ObamaCare Mary Katharine Ham 18 minutes ago
- Zuckerberg: U.S. government is a threat to the Internet Mary Katharine Ham 58 minutes ago
- Kerry: I’m approaching the Keystone XL pipeline with a totally blank slate Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- The government doesn’t know how many empty buildings it owns — just that they’re costing us billions Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- WSJ/NBC poll: Americans now think sugar is a bigger health threat than marijuana Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Former Republican governor of California invites you to crush things in his tank Allahpundit 3 hours ago