The agendas of liberals, progressives and assorted tyrants desperately depend on the aspects of human nature they often condemn, such as acquisitiveness, profit motive, self-interestedness and greed. This crossed my mind while reading "How Departures From Economic Freedom Can Affect Freedom In General," by Dr. John Taylor, a Hoover Institution scholar. Taylor tells how former Wells Fargo CEO Dick Kovacevich was forced to take Troubled Asset Relief Program funds even though Wells Fargo did not need or want the funds. Kovacevich was threatened that if he did not accept TARP money, regulators would declare his bank capital-deficient even though Wells...
This whole right and left thing is a fabrication by text book authors. The true scale is how much a ruler/government is controling a nation. Kim Jong rules North Korea with such an iron fist, that he and Hitler are very compariable. There may have been more freedom of travel for German Citizens (non-Jews) than current North Koreans. Don't forget that Hitler's party,NAZI, stood for the National Socialist Workers' Party. These people are in no way "Right Wing". Steve, your "Right Wing Dictator" is a complete fabrication. People called Hitler a right wing dictator, but he was a socialist! He might as well have been first cousin to Joe Stalan. They were cut from the same cloth.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 13 hours ago