The agendas of liberals, progressives and assorted tyrants desperately depend on the aspects of human nature they often condemn, such as acquisitiveness, profit motive, self-interestedness and greed. This crossed my mind while reading "How Departures From Economic Freedom Can Affect Freedom In General," by Dr. John Taylor, a Hoover Institution scholar. Taylor tells how former Wells Fargo CEO Dick Kovacevich was forced to take Troubled Asset Relief Program funds even though Wells Fargo did not need or want the funds. Kovacevich was threatened that if he did not accept TARP money, regulators would declare his bank capital-deficient even though Wells...
This whole right and left thing is a fabrication by text book authors. The true scale is how much a ruler/government is controling a nation. Kim Jong rules North Korea with such an iron fist, that he and Hitler are very compariable. There may have been more freedom of travel for German Citizens (non-Jews) than current North Koreans. Don't forget that Hitler's party,NAZI, stood for the National Socialist Workers' Party. These people are in no way "Right Wing". Steve, your "Right Wing Dictator" is a complete fabrication. People called Hitler a right wing dictator, but he was a socialist! He might as well have been first cousin to Joe Stalan. They were cut from the same cloth.
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 2 mins ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 42 mins ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 2 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Fox News primetime hits record high ratings, MSNBC falls to record lows Gabriel Malor 3 hours ago