My kind of teacher. Put the students first. The state has not used the existing tax money responsibly, so don't send them any more.
When he ran for governor of California in 2010, Jerry Brown traded on cryptic pledges -- most notably, "no new taxes without voter approval" -- that, like pronouncements by the oracle at Delphi, could mean whatever listeners wanted to hear. Most insiders figured that Brown wanted to raise taxes but was too cagey to tell voters, who had rejected a tax-increasing ballot measure by a 2-1 ratio in 2009. It is because Brown was so darn clever that Californians now are stuck with a Hobson's choice -- vote for his Proposition 30 and raise taxes that could kill jobs in a...
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 17 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago