My kind of teacher. Put the students first. The state has not used the existing tax money responsibly, so don't send them any more.
When he ran for governor of California in 2010, Jerry Brown traded on cryptic pledges -- most notably, "no new taxes without voter approval" -- that, like pronouncements by the oracle at Delphi, could mean whatever listeners wanted to hear. Most insiders figured that Brown wanted to raise taxes but was too cagey to tell voters, who had rejected a tax-increasing ballot measure by a 2-1 ratio in 2009. It is because Brown was so darn clever that Californians now are stuck with a Hobson's choice -- vote for his Proposition 30 and raise taxes that could kill jobs in a...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago