When Germany took over Denmark, Hitler ordered all Jews to wear a star of David. They complied, but the king also wore one, along with most of the people of Denmark. I like that! If some sort of registration was ordered in a country, could you imagine the chaos if everyone in the country registered as a Jew? The system would overload!

Wrestling Chaos in America's Classrooms

GaryL1 Wrote: Apr 22, 2014 4:01 PM
I taught at a high school where the teachers could not sent the students to the office on a first offence. We had to call the parents and talk with them about it. I had 2 boys come close to blows, I sent them to the office, and they were sent right back to class. All the admin. was worried about was retirement. Another time, I was teaching at an adult ed school. A student threatened another with a big knife. The dean told the teacher that he should give the student another chance... Next time, the student was drunk and had a 38 pistol. The dean tried the same speech, and the teacher said that he would dismiss the class for the safety of everyone if that student showed up again. No support!
One thing was overlooked. In the Garden of Gesthemity, the Lord, Jesus Christ, took upon himself the sins of the world. It was such a horrible experience that he asked to have the "bitter cup" removed from him and he bled from every pore. He then said "not my will, but Thy will be done" to submit to the will of the Father. By taking upon himself the sins of the world, and then being offered as a perfect sacrifice, he made it possible for everyone to live with Him and the Father, if we will accept His sacrifice, and live according to His will. He arose from the dead, and made it possible for all of us to do the same, and this is what Easter is about, the Resurrection.

Overtaxed and Underpaid

GaryL1 Wrote: Apr 16, 2014 1:14 AM
My daughter, 22, earned just over $8000 last year and attended college. She paid $206 in federal income tax, and $45 in California state tax. Why? Because I claim her as a dependent. It's crazy!

Equality in Discipline

GaryL1 Wrote: Apr 16, 2014 12:55 AM
There needs to be a few more administrators like Joe Clark in the movie "Lean On Me". One problem however, was that he got on the teachers for not disciplining the students. I have taught at a high school where the administration would not back up the teachers. The students act up, and nothing happens to them. I had 2 students start to fight, I sent them to the office, and they were immediately sent back to class. I was chewed out because the policy was that students could be sent to the office only after the teacher contacted the parents for a first offence of any infraction, then if it happened again, the students could be sent to the office. It was little wonder that after a while, teachers gave up because they had no support.

Harry Reid is Lucifer's Hand Puppet

GaryL1 Wrote: Apr 05, 2014 12:15 AM
A boy pushed an outhouse into a river. Later, his father asked him if he did it. The boy had just heard the story of George Washington and the cherry tree said: "I can not tell a lie. I pushed it in." The father gave the boy a sound thrashing. The boy asked his father: "Have you heard the story of George Washington, the cherry tree, and how his father would not punish him because he told the truth". The father answered: "Yes, I have heard this story, but I'd bet that George Washington's father was not in the cherry tree when he chopped it down." I hope the voters in Nevada remember this.

College Isn't For Everyone

GaryL1 Wrote: Apr 04, 2014 11:53 PM
Voc. Ed. programs in community colleges have been cut back. There is not a semester welding course in all of San Diego County. The only thing I found was a 600 hour program for ship construction. Carpentry is gone. The same is true for machine shop. Sure, many people use CNC machining, but small custom shops use manual machines, many being decades old, but they do the job. Some courses of study need to come out of the college with all of the general ed. requirements, and be replaced with a certificate of satisfactory completion of a program.
There is more good information on KUSI's web site. Click on Weather, then click on Coleman's Corner. John Coleman has some good brief videos and essays about the fraudulent schemes surrounding climate change.
I saw a video at the Scripps aquarium where a warmer researcher showed how the graphs of carbon dioxide levels and global temperatures did not line up at all. What he expected was a rise in CO2 levels, a bit of a delay, then a rise in temperature when the 2 graphs were superimposed. He then said that he put the data through an equation that included an exponent, and got the results he expected. I was absolutely shocked. He doctored the data to fit the hypothesis. The scientific method is when the data does not fit the hypothesis, you change the hypothesis! In other words if the supposition is wrong you change it, the data can not be changed. How much does the exponent change the data? If you were to graph y=x, you get a straight line at a 45 degree angle. If you graph y=x^2, you get a parabola, which has no straight line segments, and no negative answers for y. His statement was as fraudulent as saying "I can fit my car through my front door", then cutting the car into little pieces and carrying the pieces into the house. Even the man who first came up with the global warming hypothesis, Roger Revelle, after long research, came to the conclusion that man's activities have little to do with warming or cooling. Man's activities are like lighting a match in your living room, and saying, "I'm warming this room".
In response, Obama has "Unfriended" Putin on his Facebook account. I see that Russia doesn't want Reed either.

Putin, Petroleum and Pantyhose

GaryL1 Wrote: Mar 06, 2014 10:19 PM
I read that Obama has really turned the heat up on Russia! The President has "unfriended" Putin on his Facebook page!