We have a crisis in our schools. This is not a new revelation, but it needs to be stated regardless, particularly at the start of another academic year and at a time when America is struggling to compete in the very fields — math, science, technology — that are defining the global economy. Consider that U.S. high school students graduate with just a 32 percent proficiency...
In response to:
By the way. Math and science were my favorite classes. Taught me how to think in a universal language. Common Sense. I'll bet you that two mathematicians that do not speak the same language can communicate with each other through math.
- Never the commander-in-chief Noah Rothman 53 minutes ago
- Kerry lands in Cairo as Hamas, Israel refuse cease fire Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- IRS: Hey, maybe we do have our e-mail backups Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Again: Exactly which elite, liberal institution does have to live up to the Left’s values? Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Detroit suspends water shut-offs for 15 days Allahpundit 13 hours ago