We have a crisis in our schools. This is not a new revelation, but it needs to be stated regardless, particularly at the start of another academic year and at a time when America is struggling to compete in the very fields — math, science, technology — that are defining the global economy. Consider that U.S. high school students graduate with just a 32 percent proficiency...
In response to:
By the way. Math and science were my favorite classes. Taught me how to think in a universal language. Common Sense. I'll bet you that two mathematicians that do not speak the same language can communicate with each other through math.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 8 hours ago