We have a crisis in our schools. This is not a new revelation, but it needs to be stated regardless, particularly at the start of another academic year and at a time when America is struggling to compete in the very fields — math, science, technology — that are defining the global economy. Consider that U.S. high school students graduate with just a 32 percent proficiency...
In response to:
I believe YOU want to teach. But there are to many who just want a paycheck. Your kind is dwindling. The kind that taught me. If I could not pass the test, I was held back. My parents were very involved in doing the 5th grade twice. I thank them, and the school for that. Taught me how to succeed.
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 8 mins ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago